New HHF Trustees, Officers Elected at 36th Annual Meeting May 20
HONOLULU, HI: Michael J. O’Malley was elected president of Historic Hawai‘i Foundation (HHF) on May 21, 2010, by unanimous vote of its members at its 36th annual meeting.
Michael J. O’Malley, JD, is a senior partner with Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, LLP. Previously, he was a director in the Honolulu office of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, and a partner in the Honolulu law firm of McCorriston Miller Mukai MacKinnon, LLP. He graduated from Claremont-McKenna College summa cum laude and Harvard Law School, where he was editor-in-chief of the Harvard Journal on Legislation. Among his community activities are board positions on Kapiolani Health Foundation (Chair), Hawai‘i Tax Foundation (President), Hawai‘i Dental Service (Vice President), the Jas. Glover Holding Company and Greenbook Financial. O’Malley has served on HHF’s board of trustees since 2005.
Historic Hawai‘i Foundation’s members also elected the following people to its Board of Trustees:
• Norbert Buelsing, President of A&B Properties, Inc.
• Greg Dickhens, Executive Vice President and Senior Advisor, Kyo-Ya Company, LLC
• Cindy Evans, State Representative, 7th Representative District (North Kona/South Kohala)
• Amerjit Ghag, Principal, Red Circle
• Ann Becker Gommers, Past President & CEO, Thompson Becker International, Inc. (retired)
• Wendie McAllaster, ASLA, Senior Associate, Helber Hastert & Fee Planners, Inc.
• Ronald Sato, AICP, Senior Planner, Helber Hastert & Fee Planners, Inc.
• Kimo Todd, CPA, JD, Partner, Candon, Todd & Seabolt, LLC
• Tom Young, AIA, Principal, Group 70 International.
Historic Hawai‘i Foundation also elected new officers at the annual meeting. The new executive committee is comprised of:
- President: Michael J. O’Malley, Senior Partner, Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel
- First Vice President: Robert K. Iopa, President, WCIT Architecture
- Second Vice President: Frank Haas, Dean of Hospitality, Business Education and Law, Kapi‘olani Community College
- Secretary: Eric G. Crispin, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Financial and Physical Management, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- Treasurer: Robert Nobriga, Chief Financial Officer, Hawai‘i National Bank
- At Large Officer: Wendie McAllaster, Senior Associate, Helber Hastert & Fee Planners, Inc.
- At Large Officer: Curt Nakamura, General Manager, Topa Financial Center
- Past President: Ray Soon, President, Solutions Pacific.
Historic Hawai‘i Foundation is a membership-based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that preserves and encourages the preservation of historic sites on all the islands of Hawai‘i. More information is available at www.historichawaii.org.